CHARAKA JAYANTI CELEBRATION 2023
Posted on September 29th, 2023 @ 12:26pm
The Department of Samhita Siddhanta and Kayachikitsa had jointly organised “CHARAKA TATVABODHA” to celebrate the auspicious occasion of Charaka Jayanti on 21st August 2023. The event started with Shloka Parayana by students of RKU ACH followed by Dhanwantari stuti and Saraswati Vandana Kathak dance performance. Keynote address was given by Dr Deepti Nair (Principal, RKU ACH). Dr Manoj Pande (Deputy Director RKU ACH) spoke about the importance of Charaka Jayanti and the salient features of Charaka Samhita. Honourable Chief guest Dr Amit Lathigara (Vice Chancellor, RK University) addressed the audience. The event also showcased a remarkable performance of "Tadvidya Sambhaasha Parishad" enactment based on Charak Samhita by the students. Following which a guest lecture by Dr B.M Srivatsa sir (HOD, Govt. Ayurveda Medical College Mysuru, Karnataka) was also conducted on the topic " Manasa Roga Chikitsa W.S.R to Charaka Samhita" which gave insights to various treatment options in psychological disorders from Charaka Samhita perspective.
Following events were organised under the celebration of Charaka Jayanti
1. A National Level e-Poster Presentation Competition was held in association with the event wherein UG, PG and PhD scholars from more than 20 Ayurvedic Colleges across India, including National Universities, participated.
2. A Model making / Creative Art Competition was also held for the Students of RKU ACH.
Dept. Of Samhita Siddhanta
- Dr Manoj Pande (Associate Professor)
- Dr Dinesh Shingade (Associate Professor)
- Dr Avinash Kanasagara (Assistant Professor)
- Dr Aarathi Hariharan (Assistant Professor)
Dept. Of Kayachikitsa
- Dr Shreekant Mundada (Associate Professor)
- Dr Ruksar Piparvadia (Assistant Professor)
- Dr Vinita Sharma (Assistant Professor)